- 3 bags Celestial Seasonings Authentic Green Tea
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or your choice of protein)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped (or your choice of leafy greens, like baby kale or mizuna)
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 4-oz can water chestnuts, drained
Pour 1/4 cup boiling water over tea bags and steep for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags, squeezing out the excess tea before discarding. Combine tea with 1 Tbsp of the sesame oil, plus the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar and olive oil. Shake well.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 Tbsp of sesame oil in a large frying pan. Add the chicken and sauté over medium heat until cooked through (4 to 7 minutes per side). Remove the chicken breasts to a plate and allow to cool. Slice the chicken into 1/2 inch strips. In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, almonds, chicken, water chestnuts, and dressing. Toss and enjoy.